Research and Development Tax Credits
Common Issues Companies face when attempting to compile an R&D Tax Credit Claim
The following list highlights the main issues companies face when attempting to compile their own R&D Tax Credit claim:
- Interpretation of qualifying criteria, companies failing to recognise eligible costs
- Changing legislation may lead to incorrect claims
- Generation of robust documentation to support the claim
- Definition of an SME and difference in criteria between large company and SME
- Time required to bring claim together
- Knowledge of the process to make a successful claim
During the course of our work to date, we have found that many companies struggle to compile and complete a satisfactory R&D Tax Credit claims themselves; simply by not having the time or knowledge of the process, or an accurate understanding of the eligible business costs to achieve a successful outcome. We have also found that many Tax Credit claims submitted by a company have been significantly less than if an outside body like Business Solutions (Midlands) Ltd had undertaken the work on the company’s behalf.
Am I eligible for R&D Tax Credits?
What are the costs for R&D Tax Credits?
Why choose us to make your claim?
What is the R&D Tax Credit claim process?
Top tips for R&D Tax Credit claim success
What are R&D Tax Credits?
R&D Tax Credit claim case studies