Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise Network (KEEN)
The Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise Network (KEEN), is designed to help West Midlands based SMEs increase their profitability and achieve growth through working with a regional university.
- A graduate (known as an Affiliate) working full-time on a bespoke project within a business
- Ongoing mentoring and support from university experts for the Affiliate, ensuring that project objectives are met.
- Continuing support from a nominated university liaison officer
What makes KEEN special?
- Turnaround from application to approval is typically three weeks, meaning that recruitment periods are minimised and projects can start quickly, helping businesses to move forward and remain competitive.
- Graduates can come from outside of the West Midlands, ensuring that the very best talent and skills are recruited to the project.
- Micro businesses may also be considered if they are able to demonstrate a commitment to the management of the Affiliate.
Interestingly, some of the clients we have worked with in the past have been able to claim back there expenditure on KTPs and KEENs though the R&D Tax Credit scheme as they are classed as eligible expenditure. This makes these schemes even more attractive to businesses.
Please contact us for further information on this programme.